Monday, April 2, 2012

Another New Record!

I ran 10 miles. TEN miles. I ran it. Did I dream that?? No, I really ran 10 miles!!!! AHHH!!! If you would have asked me a couple of weeks ago if I was able to run 10 miles, I would have said no without hesitation, but somehow... I did it! Thank God I have Craig or it probably wouldn't have happened.
 It was amazing running weather. I had the cushy inserts in my shoes, so I knew I was asking for blisters. I had to put mole skin on my feet before I even attempted, and I am SO glad I did! I started to have a couple of hot spots while I was running, but they ended up being fine. I am blister-free! :) I also threw on a knee "sleeve" to see if that helped the knee pain at all. 
I was feeling pretty good all the way through mile 7, but the last 3 were brutal. I felt like I was barely moving at the end. My kneecaps were about to pop off and I was walking like I was severely injured. Craig's knees were killing him, too, but we made it through! Hallelujah! I am feeling better and better about this 1/2 marathon every day! 

Less than 4 weeks to go!







No comments:

Post a Comment