Thursday, September 20, 2012

Race Day!! (Finally)

Here are some pictures of my first annual Abe's Amble 10K ... I plan to continue running it every year! It is supposed to be the "hard" race in Springfield. The course is fairly hilly for central Illinois :)

I had been slacking horribly on my running (I still am) so I was terrified of this race. Maddie had been training for a while and this was her first 10K. Our pace was fairly close so we decided to run it together. That was about the best thing that could have happened!! She definitely drug me through it and I did the same to her. The hills were a nightmare but the weather was perfect! I finished this 10K 6 minutes slower than my last 10K... which was fine by me considering my "training" ... or lack thereof. As always, Craig finished the race (he won 1st in his age group!) and came back and ran the last leg of it with us. He is always supportive :) I apparently didn't take pictures of my Abe's Amble 2012 shirt or my number by itself but oh well. Another thing to note - this was the first race I've ever ran with the shoe chip! (you can see it in the first picture). I know it's a stupid thing but I was excited about it. For some reason it felt official. 

Short and sweet post :)

No comments:

Post a Comment