Thursday, September 20, 2012

The drive through the "Fly Over States"

I am WAY behind on my blogging! I am backing up all the way to my Texas trip in July! It'll be short and sweet.
I drove the entire 12 hours from South Dakota to Oklahoma where we met up with my family around 1am. It was the longest. drive. ever. I drove through most of the "fly over states" during this trip and I have no desire to do it again! We crashed on the couch for a couple of hours and then jumped in the car to continue on to Texas. Dad, Mom, Jana, Ashley, the girls, Katelyn and me were on the road all day and got into New Braunfels that afternoon. We headed straight to the hotel to get cleaned up and I dropped Katelyn off at her friend's house. The rest of the extended family were slowly but surely filtering in through the afternoon. That evening, we went to dinner on the River and then to happy hour at the winery where the rehearsal dinner was held. Here are some pics!








My brother and Craig had late flights getting into Texas, so they were arriving at the hotel right when we got back. To say the least, it was really nice to see Craig after 4 weeks of being gone! <3  
My family of course went stayed up all night long outside by the pool - it was a blast! It was so good to have everyone together! The next day, we hung out by the pool and around the hotel, then started getting ready for the wedding. Here are a bunch of random pics...
Cole, Cade, Alexa Conboy
 
Presley

Jeffers girls <3

Groomsman boots

Bridesmaid boots

Awaiting his bride!

I do!

Happy couple :)

Mother/father of the groom

celebrating!

















It was a fun, short trip and the wedding was beautiful! We had a very long drive Sunday and Monday Back to South Dakota. Well worth it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment