Tuesday, March 20, 2012

10K.......Check!

After two successful weeks of NOT running, the Celebrate Fitness 10K I had signed up for had crept up on me. My first thought was "@%@#$@!!!  WHAT AM I GOING TO DO!?!?", so, I decided to run a measly mile the day before the race. That has to help somehow, right?

It did!! Somehow, I completed it and had a decent time. I think it had to do with my wingman for the race - Nikki. We magically have the same pace and I don't know what I would have done without her! The route was out and back instead of a loop, which really stunk, and the first 1/2 mile was pretty much downhill......which means the last 1/2 mile was uphill. NOT. GOOD. I had an awesome time before that, and completely died up the last hill.  I finished at 1:00:10 ish... I could see the clock go past 1 hour and I was SO CLOSE, but I sadly didn't make it. I was still happy with my time (especially for not running for 2 previous weeks)!





My first race bib!
The girls after the run!
I forgot to take a picture with him at the race, so I tried to snap one in the truck :)


Updated Bucket List:
  1. Outdoor ice skating at Steinberg Ice Rink
  2. Grant's Farm
  3. Anheuser-Busch BreweryTour
  4. Schlafly Tour
  5. Go to the City Museum
  6. Endless Cardinals games!!
  7. Go to a Blues game
  8. Go to the Zoo
  9. Go up in the Arch (I went once when I was a kid, but don't remember it)
  10. Go to Six Flags (I've been plenty of times, but Craig and I have been trying to plan a trip)
  11. Go to Citygarden
  12. Go to the Botanical Garden
  13. Run a race in Forest Park
  14. See a show at the Fox Theatre
  15. See a movie at the Moolah Theatre 

No comments:

Post a Comment