Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Bucket List Completion: Moolah Theater

The day after the Spring Fling was a very busy day! Craig had been wanting to go shopping in STL while we were there, and some of his friends were all meeting at Dave and Busters for one of their birthdays. So we got up early, got ready at the hotel, and headed out. We did some major damage shopping...but good damage!! Craig spent a little under $200 on new dress clothes, but here's the shocker -- he saved almost $300!!! I have to take credit for part of this, because I was hitting up every sale rack to find hidden treasures, plus I gave him a coupon. :) We grabbed lunch and headed to Dave and Busters.
It was a pretty fun afternoon, but I can't say I was overly excited about his choice in games. I wasn't surprised by it either. He was definitely in his element with this hunting game. I think I sat and watched him play this at least 3 times, and each game lasts 5-10 minutes. Whatever makes him happy, I guess!!! We ended up with almost 2,000 tickets at the end, but most of the stuff in the "winner's circle" was junk, so we ended up giving our tickets to the birthday boy and his girlfriend. Hopefully they compiled them with their tickets and got something good! We had to ditch out early to make it to our next event -- The Moolah theather!!
We had planned to go to the Moolah that night a few weeks prior, and ended up finding out that they were playing the Hunger Games that night!!! I was SO excited! I just finished reading the second book, so of course I have to see each movie when they come out. :) The Moolah Theater is actually an old building that was originally built for shriners. They remodeled it and made it into a bowling alley, movie theater with couches, and a bar/food area. It was really fun to see the movie there, and it was VERY comfortable, however, the temperature was not ideal. IT. WAS. FREEZING. I was miserable the entire time. At one point, I placed napkins over my legs to try and keep warm. Craig was trying to keep me warm, but I could feel him shivering the whole time, too. Thank God the movie was good, because I probabaly would have left!
Updated Bucket List:
  1. Outdoor ice skating at Steinberg Ice Rink
  2. Grant's Farm
  3. Anheuser-Busch BreweryTour
  4. Schlafly Tour
  5. Go to the City Museum
  6. Endless Cardinals games!!
  7. Go to a Blues game
  8. Go to the Zoo
  9. Go up in the Arch (I went once when I was a kid, but don't remember it)
  10. Go to Six Flags (I've been plenty of times, but Craig and I have been trying to plan a trip)
  11. Go to Citygarden
  12. Go to the Botanical Garden
  13. Run a race in Forest Park
  14. See a show at the Fox Theatre
  15. See a movie at the Moolah Theatre

No comments:

Post a Comment