Sunday, February 12, 2012

Major Diet....Fail.

I was doing so well all week! What happened!? My boyfriend and I stayed at my parents house Friday night, so I was trying to figure out something healthy enough for me to eat for dinner, but exciting enough for them to eat, while also avoiding a trip to the store. I was searching though pinterest for hours happened to stumble upon a recipe on pinterest, and it seemed decent. White Chicken Enchiladas it is. Now, I realize this doesn't seem like the healthiest choice, but the recipe is pretty basic, and we happened to have whole wheat tortillas (whole grain=healthy, right?) I had to sub ranch for sour cream, but it was a delicious mess. That was Fail #1. Saturday morning, boyfriend had his nose in the books studying for an exam, so of course I was elbow deep in pinterest recipes (God help us- I. Am. Obsessed.) I was attempting to find something yummy to make for breakfast, and a lot of somethings instead. First up- 5 min coffee cake in a mug. I had to sub cream cheese for sour cream (2 things to note: 1. My parents need to stock up on sour cream for all of my future visits 2. Maybe if I would stop attempting to make things that I don't have the ingredients for, my concoctions would turn out better. Enough with my "subbing") and the coffee cake turned out more like a rubbery hunk with a delicious melty brown sugar topping. Took one....okay, three....bites and gave it to boyfriend for all of his hard work. I know it was only a few bites, but that was fail #2. My dad ma biscuits and gravy-again! ....And I made scrambled eggs with some green peppers and sausage for my mom and I. I'm trying here! Saturday night we had a valentine's day dance to go to. My plan was to drink hard alcohol and skip the beer, but turns out beer is the only drink that is free. Beer it is. That + dinner was big time fail #3. On a positive note, everything I ate/made was heavenly and I'm still on track with my training! Saturday was my 5 mile run, and I weathered the cold and ran it outside. My knees were screaming when I was done, and my pace was slower than normal, but overall it was a really good run. Thanks to my supportive boyfriend who ran with me :) - felt like a really really long post, but I had a few days to catch up on! I also linked the recipe on an iPad, so if it doesn't work- I'll fix it soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment