Wednesday, February 1, 2012

My Stubborn Hate-Handles

Muffin Tops... Love Handles...Spare Tires... Oh My!
That is not me in the picture!

After years of complaining about my "love handles", I have decided two things.

1. That there is nothing to "love" about them
2. I need to do stop complaining and do something about them.

My solution:  (drumroll please...)   I have decided to run a half-marathon!
...and hopefully somewhere between now and then, I'll lose the handles. For the record, I have NEVER been a long distance runner. I used to dread running 1 mile, and now I'm setting myself up for over 13!! Why, you ask? Well, a couple of years ago, I had a rude awakening about my weight when I saw photos of myself and realized it was time to lose some weight. I started eating healthy and forcing myself to run, and successfully lost ~20 lbs. I came to not completely hate running. I try to like it, but let's face it. I have good days and bad days. Over the last year or so, I've gained some of that weight back, and yo-yoed up and down a lot. I realized that I'm the type of person who needs a goal and a plan to get there. Working out just to work out and running just to run doesn't last very long with me. Running a half-marathon is definitely a tough goal, but a well-structured plan will hopefully help keep me on track and get there!

Sidenote: I am a total rookie blogger, but thought this might help me stay motivated and on track with my new adventure! Although it will mostly revolve around my training, it will probably involve the rest of my life, too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment