Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Will Power

Day 3 of training today: 3 mile run + strengthening.

My original plan was to run outside in the morning, and do a Nike Training Club App workout at my house when I got back. I looked at the weather yesterday to make sure it would be decent, and it looked pretty good. I must have looked too early, because once I got geared up and stepped outside, there was snow on the ground. I immediately went back inside and changed for the gym. I usually run on the track at the gym, because I have a horrible time on the dreadmill. I decided to give it a try today (again), and failed (again). I barely struggled through a mile and had to switch to the track to run the other two. I can't figure out what it is that is so different!!! Frustrating.

Anyway, I had an awfully long day of class today. My professor for my night class is amazing and brings in dinner or treats for us about every other week. This would usually be much appreciated, and to the rest of the class it is, but to me it's torture!!! After sitting in class through breakfast, lunch, and dinner time, all I want to do is indulge! This is the second time she's brought pizza, and the second time I've sat quietly in the back row with my string cheese and nuts. I've learned to come prepared. I don't know where this new will power came from, but I sure do like it! I'm not sure how  many more "tests" I can make it through without giving in, but so far so good. :)

I must confess - I have "cheated" with my new favorite treat a few times this past week. Here it is. No picture, though, because I'm pretty sure I made it up.

1 Tbsp Reduced Fat Crunchy Peanut Butter
3 Tbsp Fat Free Frozen Cool Whip
1 tsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
Stir it all together and savor! Yum.

It sounds a little weird, but it tastes like peanut butter/chocolate ice cream to me.

Best news of today is that tomorrow is my REST day!!! WAHOOO!! I have been excited about it all week! My legs have been feeling very fatigued lately, so I'm hoping this helps my running a lot.... wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment